Cutting the Chai has moved to a new domain: cuttingthechai.com.
You can get in touch with Soumyadip at www.soumyadip.com.

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Imageinary Reflections

Brand New Avatar
I'm overwhelmed. The public outrage against the change of my profile image has been mind-boggling (excuse any exaggeration, I'm enjoying writing this basking in my momentary glory). But I'm not going to be cowed down so easily, I'll give the image-makeover another shot. This time around it will be a little more like the 'real' me. Already bracing for the brickbats (would love a few bouquets though).

Hope this is 'human' enough and 'suits' the tone of my posts.

Thanks and curses to Shivangi, Shyamanga, Aklanta, Gypsy, Dwaipayan, Shivam, Abaniko, Aquamarine, Anthony, Accidental Fame Junkie, Rita and Atul for making me go through all this.

Avik, Aklanta and Pallavi wanted me to post some photos from my Shillong visit on the blog. Here I'm with selected pics from the Scotland of the East. Thought of putting up a slide show but experienced some technical difficulties. Occasionally (read often), when I don't feel like or am unable to write, I'll post a pic compensating my daily post.

15 Comments:

aklanta said...

That's Gr8...

Accidental Fame Junkie said...

I have never been thanked and cursed in the same sentence before! I guess there is a first time for everything! :)

Actually, you should have concentrated your curses on AquaM since she brought up the topic. The rest of us just reacted! :)

The new pic is 'cool' and totally 'suits' the tone of your posts!

AquaM said...

Hmm...I approve(sans the curses)
;)

Abaniko said...

so much bettah!

Shivangi Misra said...

Me? What did I do??? Tried modelling? :) *evil grin

Rita said...

Hey, is that you? :D

asuph said...

this is rotfl stuff.
no wonder artists crib about being stuck with an image...

after big B's beard, it's you my man... enjoy!

asuph.

dwaipayan said...

glad to see ur 'thobra' after a long time. and it's too "human" for an unhuman like u.

dwaipayan said...

ebar ar pic ta change koris na. ager ta to ekebare changra chilo

Anonymous said...

you're so handsome!

dwaipayan said...

and be specific. did u thanked me or cursed me?????

Gypsy said...

ohhhhhh my gosh!! look at you, you are one handsome dude!!

Soumyadip said...

Everyone, pictures tell a thousand lies.

Unknown said...

so who was the 'original' soumyadip? and i love the tinge of honesty in "This time around it will be a little more like the 'real' me."

:-D

Anonymous said...

Oh thanks for the photos.. loved walking down memory lane... and hey your snap looks cool too :)